NICO is essentially made up of five (5) departments namely: Administration & Human Resources, Finance & Accounts, Orientation & Cultural Affairs, Research & Documentation, and Training School. Each of these departments is headed by a Director, who reports directly to the Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer.
Similarly, there are units, such as Corporate Affairs, Legal, Protocol, Budget, and Procurement uUnits, which are directly under the Office of the Executive Secretary. Each is headed by an Assistant Director or its equivalent.
The Institute has also opened offices in all the six (6) geo-political zones in the country, in addition to the Lagos Liaison Office, which is presently hosting the Training School.
Furthermore, State Offices are being opened in Enugu, Ibadan, Minna, and Gombe, to effectively carry the Institute's programmes and activities to the grassroots.
Thus, the management structure of the Institute is as follows:
* CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS - ABUJA, FCT
* OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
* ADMINISTRATION & HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
* FINANCE & ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
* ORIENTATION & CULTURAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
* RESEARCH & DOCUMENTATION DEPARTMENT
* TRAINING SCHOOL
* LAGOS LIAISON OFFICE
* SOUTH-WEST ZONAL OFFICE - AKURE, ONDO STATE
* SOUTH-SOUTH ZONAL OFFICE - YENAGOA, BAYELSA STATE
* SOUTH-EAST ZONAL OFFICE - OWERRI, IMO STATE
* NORTH-EAST ZONAL OFFICE - YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE
* NORTH-CENTRAL ZONAL OFFICE - ILORIN, KWARA STATE
* NORTH-WEST ZONAL OFFICE - KATSINA, KATSINA STATE