The Executive Secretary/CEO of National Institute for Cultural Orientation (NICO), Dr. Barclays Foubiri Ayakoroma, on Monday, 13th November, 2017, said that seminar presentation is a platform to boost students’ confidence and for listeners to benefit.
The NICO ES, who is also a Visiting Associate Professor at the Department of Theatre and Cultural Studies, Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK), made this statement during seminar presentations on “Cultural Diplomacy” by students of Post Graduate Diploma in Cultural Administration (PGDCA), NICO Training School, Abuja Study Centre for the 2016/2017 Academic Session.
On the whole, a total number of 21 seminar papers were presented with students dealing with different topical issues, such as:
- Traditional Dance as a Tool for Cultural Diplomacy and National Unity: A Study of Obitun Dance in Ondo Kingdom – Adeola Adebimpe;
- The Role of Radio in Cultural Diplomacy – Animam Emmanuel;
- Indigenous Language: A Tool for Cultural Diplomacy – Ileola Ogunkuade;
- Promoting Cultural Diplomacy through Arts and Craft Exhibition – Justina Stephen;
- The Place of Film in Cultural Diplomacy: A Study of Some Selected Nollywood Films – Vivien Barong;
- Traditional Foods as Tools for Cultural Diplomacy – Jenny David-Muze;
- The Role of AU in Cultural Diplomacy –Patience Agbi;
- Carnival and Festivals as Instruments for Cultural Diplomacy: A Study of Calabar Carnival and Osun Osogbo Festival – Perpetua Amaechi-Aloke;
- The Benefits of Hosting Olympic Games and Diplomatic Relations – Namera Umar; and
- Theatre as a Vehicle of Cultural Diplomacy: A Study of National Troupe of Nigeria – Mabs Umunna, among others.
Earlier, the NICO Boss had also charged staffers, who have attended the Post Graduate Diploma in Cultural Administration (PGDCA) programme of NICO Training School to avail themselves the opportunity of pursuing Masters and Doctorate programmes in Cultural Policy and Management at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK), which has been made possible as a result of the recently concluded affiliation process.
NTS, Abuja Study Centre